Don't Trust Everyone To Do What they Say!
BE CAREFUL WHO YOU CHOOSE TO INSTALL YOUR FENCING OR YOU COULD END UP IN DOUBLE TROUBLE!
THIS IS THE STORY OF A LOCAL SITTINGBOUNRE FENCING CONTRACTOR AND A VERY UNHAPPY CLIENT.
We were contacted by a local building contractor to help out one of their clients who had chosen the wrong local fencing contractor to install their front garden fencing. The guys from the building contractor were due to install new block paving to the front of one of their clients houses and were on a tight schedule for completion, unfortunately the fencing contractor had to succesfully install the fencing to allow the block paving installation. The home owner had asked the fencing contractor for drop top closeboard fencing - to match a fence we had installed opposite her house.
The lady was very specific on what she wanted;
- The fence was to be level all the way around her front garden
- Without any steps in the fence
- Concrete corner posts
- A new front gate to match the fencing and a new side gate and panel
- New fencing to be a match for the fencing on the property opposite installed by HAYMAC FENCING
The fencing contractor quoted for her work and began the installation.
He installed the fencing in one day but not as he had been asked or quoted for !
When the lady complained about the quality of the finished product he told her that was what he had priced for and that was what she had got and not in such a polite way- he told her that the style of fence she wanted could not be installed because of her ground levels- even though he had priced for it originally! HAYMAC had installed the style of fence she had wanted at a property just across the road and she could't see why she couldn't have the same ?
After the lady explained to him that the fence was;
- very poorly installed and not what he had priced to do
- that she had asked for a level top to the fence installation with drop top closeboarded fence panels
- that nails were sticking out of the fence panels that you could cut yourself on
- that some of the panels had bad splits and damage to the fence caps and had been made to have a drop top cut into them so that the back rails on the fence panels were not evenly spaced out and looked wrong
- that she wanted proper corner posts not two posts put in next to each other to make a corner
- that the brown timber posts were a different colour to the fence panels
- that the gates were twisting and warping and had pencil lines all over them
He finally removed the fencing and gates as he was not going to get paid for his very poor efforts from a very upset client.
WATCH OUT FOR THIS GUY- HE ADVERTISES IN OUR LOCAL NEWS PAPERS AND THIS IS NOT THE FIRST JOB THAT HE HAS NOT DONE WHAT HIS CUSTOMER HAD ASKED FOR!!!
WE KNOW OF ANOTHER OTHER JOB WHERE HE TOOK THE FENCING DOWN AND THEN TOLD THE CUSTOMER THAT HE COULD'T 'DO IT FOR THE MONEY HE PRICED'. WHEN SHE REFUSED TO PAY EXTRA HE JUST LEFT LEAVING HER HUSBAND TO FINISH THE FENCING HIMSELF- WHEN THE OPPOSITE BOUNDARY FENCE CAME TO BE REPLACED SHE CALLED HAYMAC AND WE INSTALLED HER NE WFENCE JUST AS SHE HAD ASKED!
Luckily for the homeowner we have a great working relationship with the building contractor and we popped round to see what we could do to help out.
The fencing was probably the worst quality installation we have seen from a so called 'fencing contractor' in many years, not only was the installation of a very low standard so were the materials!
We agreed with the home owner that we would install the fencing she had originally asked for - see the pictures below to see what we did.
THE FIRST 6 PICTURES ARE OF THE FENCE AS INSTALLED BY THE ROGUE FENCING CONTRACTOR
FENCING INSTALLED BY HAYMAC TO EXACTLY WHAT THE CUSTOMER WANTED
ONLY USE A FENCING CONTRACTOR WHO HAS A BUSINESS PREMISES SO YOU CAN CALL IN AND SEE EXACTLY WHAT THEY DO - WE ARE OFTEN CHEAPER THAN THESE ROGUE TRADERS!
STAY CLEAR OF ONE MAN BAND ROGUE FENCERS WHO JUST WORK OUT OF A TRUCK
THERE IS NO ''COME BACK'' FROM THESE ROGUE TRADERS
BEWARE OF ADVERTS OFFER
- 'SPECIAL RATES' FOR O.A.P's
- FREE FENCE TREATMENT
- 'SPECIALISTS IN CONCRETE POST & GRAVEL BOARD'
- FENCES WITH A 10 YEAR GUARANTEE.
THESE ROGUES ARE ONLY AFTER ONE THING - YOUR MONEY!!!!