TANALISED E pressure treated timber is impregnated with Тanalith® E, waterborne product based on copper triazole technology. Copper is derived from recycled sources and triazoles are organic biodegradable biocides, commonly used to protect many of the food crops we eat. TANALISED E pressure treated timber is usually specified for both in and out of ground contact applications where there is a medium to high risk of decay or insect attack.
• An established and proven alternative to traditional chromated/copper/arsenate (CCA) treated timber.
• Effective long-term protection against fungal and insect attack.
• Proven performance, widely used and accepted worldwide.
• Appealing natural green colour with excellent colour durability, blending perfectly with nature.
• Impregnated using vacuum pressure technology.
• Conforms to new European Standards and individual countries' national requirements.
• Ideal for general construction, fencing, garden and leisure timber applications.
Avoid the use of undersized wall framework at spacings which allow the external cladding to warp and twist. Choose a building which has a framework of a minimum of 45mm x 45mm giving a cross-sectional area of a minimum 2025mm² (the cross-sectional area is simply the 2 measurements multiplied together) and a maximum spacing of the wall uprights at 600mm (this will help to stop the external cladding warping). We use full to size 45mm x 45mm Tanalised timbers for our Hobbyshop walls at max. 600mm centres, and full to size 70mm x 34mm Tanalised timbers for our Proshop walls at max. 400mm centres.
Avoid the use of undersized and non-Tanalised floor bearer timber framework at spacings which allow the floor deck to bounce, ‘sag’ and decay over time due to moisture and stale air under the building floor. Choose a building which has floor timbers of a minimum 45mm x 45mm giving a cross-sectional area of a minimum 2025mm² and maximum spacings apart of the floor bearers of no more 300mm, make sure the floor bearers are Tanalised. Using floor bearers that are not Tanalised (high pressure treated) will greatly reduce the life span of your building. We use full to size 45mm x 45mm Tanalised timbers for our Hobbyshop floor bearers at max. 300mm centres, and full to size 70mm x 34mm Tanalised timbers for our Proshop floor bearers at max. 300mm centres.