All of our Hobbyshop garden sheds are made in our works by our Carpenters. We do not 'buy-in' any of our timber buildings, and that allows us to ensure exceptional quality buildings are constructed only using the best quality materials and craftsmanship. With over 35yrs experience in timber building manufacture, we have managed to identify the key areas where many of our 'competitors' fail to provide the 'extras' needed to ensure your timber building will last for years.
Hobbyshop Workshop Specification - Sizes and heights will vary slightly depending on the size of building ordered.
- Height to Apex- 2.3m external, internal 2.190m
- Height at eves- 2.1m external, internal 2.020m
- Building size is the floor base dimension in metres equivalent to imperial building size. Example 2.4m equivalent to 8ft.
- Frame material- ex. 2" x 1.5" Tanalised timbers ( prepared square edge to finish 45mm x 34mm), uprights at a maximum of 400mm centres.
- The external cladding is Ex. 16mm x 125mm Tanalised Redwood rebated shiplap - no one else uses the shiplap cladding we do as our shiplap is machined specifically for HAYMAC with an extra deep 13mm rebate to stop shrinkage inside the rebate and tongue joint causing problems. A black plastic weatherstrip is fitted beneath the bottom shiplap board to shed water away from the building floor base frame.
- 12mm thick Tanalised external corner weathering fillets.
- Full framed floor framework using ex. 2" x 1.5" Tanalised timbers ( prepared square edge to finish 45mm x 34mm) with bearers at 300mm centres.
- The floor deck is 11mm OSB 3 (moisture resistant) floorboard sheeting. Many of our competitors use the same boards on the floor as they do on the external cladding. OSB 3 sheet flooring does not shrink, collect dirt in the joints and is much stronger.
- Do not let anyone suggest OSB3 sheeting is inferior to individual TGV boards as it is not, we have been building timber buildings for over 35 years and know what is best! OSB3 is used in the construction industry in houses for walls and roof decks, so it must be good enough for any garden outbuilding?
- Roof bearers are ex. 2" x 1.5" Tanalised timbers ( prepared square edge to finish 45mm x 34mm) at 400mm centres.
- A roof truss installed at maximum 6ft intervals along the length of the building to avoid roof 'sagging.'
- The roof deck is 11mm OSB 3 (moisture resistant). An OSB 3 roof deck is superior to individual roof boards as the roof joints do not shrink which is the main cause of roof felt failure, as when the timber joint shrinks it puts stress on the roofing felt, causing it to crack. Do not let anyone suggest OSB3 sheeting is inferior to individual TGV boards as it is not, we have been building timber buildings for over 35 years and know what is best! OSB3 is used in the construction industry in houses for roof decks so it must be good enough for a garden building!
- The roof deck is covered with high strength, with an exceptional anti-tear property, Polyester based green mineral coated roof felt.
- Our roofing felt should not be confused with standard roof felt which tears very easily used by nearly all other timber building manufacturers as standard who only offer our roofing felt as an optional upgrade at extra cost.
- 12mm thick Tanalised prepared bargeboards with soffit boards fitted to the gable ends
Windows and Doors
- Windows are made using a full-frame and window cill with 4mm agricultural glass. Option to upgrade to opening windows.
- Doors are ledged and braced using 35mm x 95mm prepared and Tanalised timber . The door opening provides for a clear opening of 650mm wide x 1740mm high.
- The door is clad using ex. 16x125mm Tanalised TGV and is hung using 12" medium weight Galvanised Tee hinges with a 150mm Galvanised Brenton Pad bolt and 2x turn buttons. Option to upgrade to double doors. Single doors provide for a clear opening of 665mm wide x 1730mm high , double doors provide for a clear opening of 1330mm wide x 1730mm high.
- All of our Hobbyshops use fully Tanalised pressure treated timber for the framework, cladding, bargeboards, floor bearers and corner weathering fillets. Tanalised timber provides effective protection against timber rot but is not water repellent and as such we recommend you treat the external timbers of your building using a suitable weatherproofing exterior grade paint. Please view our product care sheet on weatherproofing & painting for more information.
NO OTHER TIMBER BUILDING MANUFACTURER OFFERS OUR SPECIFICATION AS STANDARD AT OUR PRICES!