- Traditional palisade fencing is supplied and installed using 900mm high or 1200mm high x 70mm wide x 18mm thick sawn and treated palisade pales. The palisade pales are available in semi-rounded top or pointed top.
- Our traditional palisade fencing is installed using: 100mm x 100mm sawn and treated morticed (63mmx25mm mortice) timber fence posts with post saver sleeves fitted and 4 way-weathered (pyramid) tops, 2 number 2ex. 75mm x 75mm triangular sawn and treated arris rails with scarfed ends which are located and fixed into the timber post mortices using 70mm screws per 3.0m (10ft) fence bay. Our scarfed arris rail ends - often referred to as tenon ended - are cut by hand, please be aware as these are cut by hand they may vary to a degree in uniformity - we use a traditional long scarf ended rail, during the 'scarfing' process the 'green' treatment colour will be removed from the cut surface, please apply a timber preservative treatment to all cut faces after installation. The palisade pales are fixed to the arris rails using 38mm ring shank hot dipped galvanised nails.
- Traditional palisade fencing installed as our standard installation is without a timber gravel board. The palisade pales will be installed with a 50mm gap below the palisade pales. Should you require a timber gravel board please ensure this is quoted for specifically in your quotation.
- Palisade fencing can be installed with an optional sawn and treated 150mm high x 25mm thick timber gravel board. The gravel board will be installed using sawn and treated timber gravel board cleats fixed to the timber fence posts using 70mm screws. The gravel board will sit on top of the ground.
- Palisade fence heights:
- 900mm high palisade pales - no gravel board - fence height = 950mm
- 900mm high palisade pales - with timber gravel board - fence height = 1050mm
- 1200mm high palisade pales - no gravel board - fence height = 1250mm
- 1200mm high palisade pales - with timber gravel board - fence height = 1350mm
Please note: it is very likely the fence will not have a flat and level top, the fence will be installed to follow the ground conditions, if the ground slopes the fence will follow this slope. If you require a level & flat top for your fencing, please ensure your quote specifically states this, as to install your fence with a flat and level top will require a considerable amount of additional labour and additional materials which must be quoted for.