All of our Provance Summerhouses are made in our works by our Carpenters. We do not 'buy-in' any of our timber buildings, and that allows us to ensure exceptional quality buildings are constructed only using the best quality materials and craftsmanship. With over 35yrs experience in timber building manufacture, we have managed to identify the key areas where many of our 'competitors' fail to provide the 'extras' needed to ensure your timber building will last for years.
Provance Summerhouse Specification- Sizes and heights will vary slightly depending on the size of building ordered.
- Height - 2.350m external, internal 2.220m
- Height at eves- 2.120m external, internal 1.990m
- Roof overhang- soffit – 155mm
- Building size is the floor base dimension in metres equivalent to imperial building size. Example 2.4m equivalent to 8ft.
- Frame material- ex. 3" x 1.5" Tanalised timbers (prepared square edge to finish 70mmx34mm), uprights at a maximum of 400mm centres.
- The framework is clad with Novia Ultra breathable waterproof lining sheeting before cladding installation. Novia Ultra lining sheeting allows moist air to pass from inside the building out through the lining but stops moisture from penetrating from the outside.
- The external cladding is Ex. 16mm x 125mm Tanalised Redwood rebated shiplap - no one else uses the shiplap cladding we do as our shiplap is machined specifically for HAYMAC with an extra deep 13mm rebate to stop shrinkage inside the rebate and tongue joint causing problems. A black plastic weatherstrip is fitted beneath the bottom shiplap board to shed water away from the building floor base frame.
- Walls are internally clad with horizontal clean untreated ex.19mm x 100 TGV boarding.
- The ceiling is left unclad.
- All external corner joints are covered by 15mm thick Tanalised external corner weathering fillets.
- Full framed floor framework using ex. 3" x 1.5" Tanalised timbers (prepared square edge to finish 70mmx34mm) with bearers at 300mm centres.
- The floor deck is 15mm OSB 3 (moisture resistant) floorboard sheeting. Many of our competitors use the same boards on the floor as they do on the external cladding. OSB 3 sheet flooring does not shrink, collect dirt in the joints and is much stronger.
- Do not let anyone suggest OSB3 sheeting is inferior to individual TGV boards as it is not, we have been building timber buildings for over 35 years and know what is best! OSB3 is used in the construction industry in houses for walls and roof decks, so it must be good enough for any garden outbuilding?
- Roof bearers are ex. 50mm x 100mm C16 Regularised Tanalised timbers forming a four hipped roof joining on an ex. 150mm x 150mm centre support block.
- The roof deck is 11mm OSB 3 (moisture resistant). An OSB 3 roof deck is superior to individual roof boards as the roof joints do not shrink which is the main cause of roof felt failure, as when the timber joint shrinks it puts stress on the roofing felt, causing it to crack. Do not let anyone suggest OSB3 sheeting is inferior to individual TGV boards as it is not, we have been building timber buildings for over 35 years and know what is best! OSB3 is used in the construction industry in houses for roof decks so it must be good enough for a garden building!
- The roof deck is covered with either a two-layer hot lay black torch on felt or shingles.
- 15mm thick Tanalised prepared fascia boards with soffit boards fitted.
- The fascia boards are designed with a drip bar at the top for the roofing felt to lip over, allowing easy installation of guttering if the torch on felt roof system is chosen.
Windows and Doors
- Windows are made using a full-frame and window cill with 4mm clear toughened glass. Option to upgrade to opening windows. Non-opening windows are 600 wide x 1500mm deep. Option for standard Cotswold summerhouse windows with standard glazing (not toughened glass).
- The single door as standard is fully framed with a door cill fitted to the bottom of the door opening frame which the door shuts on and offers a clear opening of 750mm wide by 1755 high. The door is fully glazed with 4mm clear toughened glass and is hung using 12" medium weight black Tee hinges with a black press key lock and black antique doorknob. Option for standard Cotswold summerhouse half glazed doors with standard glazing (not toughened glass).
- All of our Provance Summerhouses use fully Tanalised pressure treated timber for the framework, cladding, bargeboards, fascias, floor bearers and corner weathering fillets. Tanalised timber provides effective protection against timber rot but is not water repellent and as such we recommend you treat the external timbers of your building using a suitable weatherproofing exterior grade paint. Please view our product care sheet on weatherproofing & painting for more information.
NO OTHER TIMBER BUILDING MANUFACTURER OFFERS OUR SPECIFICATION AS STANDARD AT OUR PRICES!